Employment Discrimination ● NJ Employment Law
The Arnette Law Firm advocates for civil rights and justice for individuals who experience discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace. We have represented mechanics, recording industry professionals, office workers, executives, and school personnel, clients who have been sexually assaulted on the job, and clients who have been subjected to a hostile work environment. We also represent those harmed by non-workplace violations of civil rights, including police misconduct, false arrest, and brutality.
See our verdicts and settlements page for information on a few of our cases in this area. Our practice serves clients throughout New Jersey.
A Sample of Employment Discrimination Laws:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD)
- Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, or religion
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) (29 O.C.S. 623 (a)(1) and 29 O.S.C. 631 (a).
- Discrimination based on age (over 40)
- The American With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discrimination based on or failure to reasonably accommodate disability or perceived disability
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA) and the New Jersey Family Leave Act NJSA 34:11B-3(P)
- Protecting those with new children or family medical issues requiring leave
- The New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- The Federal Polygraph Protection Act and the New Jersey Restriction against Use of Lie Detectors
- New Jersey Smokers’ Rights Law 34:6B-1
- The New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law NJSA 43:21-1
- The New Jersey Temporary Disability Law (NJSA 43:21-24)
As with any type of litigation, the most important factors in selecting an employment law attorney to handle your claim is experience and comprehensive understanding of all issues which may arise. The Arnette Law Firm has been recognized for having such experience and understanding by meeting the rigorous requirements of the National Board of Trial Advocacy to become a Certified Civil Trial Attorney awarded by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation on wrongful termination, workplace harassment, age, race, sex, or national origin discrimination, police brutality, civil rights violation,or any other type of illegal treatment.