- $350,000 – The driver’s car was hit while stopped in her car. She suffered neck and back injuries and a traumatic brain injury. The injury to her head (closed head injury) caused loss of memory and other problems with understanding and recollection (cognitive problems) that persisted for some time.
- $325,000 – The driver’s car was hit by other vehicle trying to cut in front of driver’s vehicle. The driver sustained an injury to his neck the required surgery. He made a good recovery, eventually returning to the activities he enjoyed prior to the injury.
Hit by Car
- $75,000 – A young boy ran out into the street and was hit by an automobile at slow speed. He suffered a broken leg which was in a cast for 5 weeks. He had an excellent recovery after the cast was removed.
- $75,000 – Man hit by car in a flea market. Sustained a broken arm and made a good recovery.
Slip and Fall
- $300,000 – The woman slipped and fell on ice in the common area of her condominium association’s parking lot. She suffered a broken upper arm that eventually required surgery. After healing it was weaker and less flexible.
- $135,000 – Arriving at work at the time that he always did, a man slipped and fell on black ice in the parking lot of the building where his office was located. He suffered a broken arm and a shoulder injury. After healing he was able to resume all of his activities with only slightly modified actions.
- $127,000 – A man on a trip to NYC was staying in a hotel. He was walking in an area that he was directed to by hotel staff that had poor lighting and an uneven, sloping floor. He misstepped as a consequence of the lighting and sloping floor, tripped and fell and suffered a broken foot.
- $125,000 – An elderly woman was shopping in a grocery store, when she was drawn to an area displaying fresh produce in water bins. The water had predictably gotten onto the floor either by customers removing the wet produce from the bins filled with water or from leaking directly from the tin containers. She slipped and fell on the water on the floor and broke her hip. She had a hip replacement with very good recovery after healing from surgery and physical therapy.
- $100,000 – While going to pick up bread at a local shopping center with a bakery, a man slipped and fell on ice in the parking lot when he returned to his vehicle. He suffered a broken shoulder that healed well.